Alpaca walking is great for those of you wishing to try an activity of a different nature that takes you away from the hectic hustle and bustle of urban life. Enjoy a carefree and leisurely ninety minutes with our calm and delightful alpacas and take some alpaca "zen" home for free.
How much is it?
£35 per person
What is Included?
90 minute experience learning about, meeting and walking our animals
Guidance and support from our experienced alpaca guides
Tea & coffee on arrival
We have planned our walks so that they suit a wide variety of visitors. We want you to get the maximum pleasure and enjoyment from the experience.
Upon arrival you will be signed in and directed to the complimentary drinks facilities. There is also opportunity to purchase alpaca feed and browse our small shop.
Your experience will begin with a quick health and safety brief with one of our experienced handlers. You will also have the opportunity to learn about where alpacas come from and what makes them so unique. Next we demonstrate how to lead the animals and then, when you are partnered up with your new alpaca chum we will take you on a gentle meander around the farm, stopping for a photo opportunity along the way.
What do I need to bring with me?
Suitable clothing and footwear - Sun cream & hats for summer sun, waterproofs & wellies for those wetter days.
Small change is always handy If you wish to purchase alpaca feed
Adult companion if you are under 15 years of age
We advise you to check the local forecast so that you are prepared for all weather conditions before setting off.
How do I book?
We have three options available …
If you have already purchased an online voucher this will take you to our booking calendar where you can redeem your voucher and book your experience
This will take you straight to our booking calendar where you can book and pay for your walk experience.
If you haven’t decided when you want to visit yet, or want to buy a gift voucher for someone special our walk with alpacas e-vouchers can be purchased in our shop.
Log onto our Facebook page and view our latest photos - see the fleecy fun and frolics our hundreds of visitors have already experienced.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Voucher redemption: Booking required following receipt of your voucher.
- Phone Booking: Bookings can only be taken through our online booking system, we are unable to take bookings over the phone.
- Cancellation: Minimum 48 hours (working days) notice from selected walk date.
- No Shows: Failure to cancel bookings which result in a no show will mean the booking is lost and no refund can be given.
- Children under 10: MUST have an adult accompanying them to share their alpaca and will not be able to lead on their own. Each adult attending will be responsible for supervising their child, we therefore will only allow a maximum of one under 10 per adult on the experience.
- Children aged 10 - 14: Children under 15 are given their own alpaca to lead but still MUST have a paying adult accompanying them. The adult will have their own alpaca to lead but will be responsible for supervising their child and will be asked to take the lead rope in the rare event their child is uncomfortable or unable to lead their own alpaca.
- Access: We currently have limited wheelchair access and no disabled toilet on site. Due to the nature of the walk the terrain is currently unsuitable for both pushchairs and wheelchairs. This will hopefully change in the near future as our refurbishment of the farm is carried out.
- Photography: We are happy for photographs to be taken during all of our experiences and encourage this. During the walk we will also take photographs and these are published on our Facebook page to give you the opportunity to see your experience with us at no extra charge. By booking with us we will trust this is accepted by you and all party members unless a member of staff is notified on the day prior to the walk or you contact us in advance.
- Weather: Our walks run whether rain or shine, sleet or snow so please dress according to weather forecasts and be prepared for our temperamental British weather!
- Vouchers: Terms are applicable to bookings purchased directly. 3rd party purchases may have additional terms which will be on vouchers.